Date(s) - 20/10/2021
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Online - Online,
Hello SCBWI SE membersWhether you’re running around after children, sipping cocktails by a pool, or just carrying on with the day job, now is the time to start thinking about your submission for the very first SE Region Work in Progress Party.You may be a confident and experienced member of a critique group, or a shy beginner. For all of us, this will be a chance to say hi to members across the region and make new supportive connections and friendships.
Here’s how it works.
- Send us the first 2,000 words of your WiP by midnight on Friday 24th September 2021 using the submission form below. Writing for any age group is welcome. For picture books, please send the complete text.
- Leave it with us. We are organising a panel of peers who will read through your work.
- The panel will choose up to two submissions from each age group. Chosen pieces will be read out and discussed at the party. Work will remain anonymous.
- Come to the Work in Progress Party on Wednesday 20th October, 8pm. Reminders will be sent out and a Zoom invitation will reach you by 19th October.
- After the panel discussion, all participants will be invited to send constructive comments, which will be read out and/or passed along to the author depending on time constraints. The How to Critique guidelines will be sent out before the party.
- If we have too many great submissions for one evening we will organise another event before the end of the year.We can’t wait to read your submissions and get to know you and your work.Keep writing through the summer!A big thank you to @ClaireRollinsonart for use of her art work.Claire O’Brien and Philip KavvadiasSCBWI South East Network Organisers