Our fabulous badge design competition is now open!
We're looking for more fun illustrations, designs or short witty slogans that would make great pin-badges for this years conference. We want SCBWI British Isles members to be able to wear them with pride.
This is a great chance to see your work on the chests (or jackets, bags, hats or conference name tags) of everyone who matters. Apart from fame, glory and a bit of free publicity, there are prizes:
First Prize is a complete set of everything we produce with your design and ALL the other badges selected.
Second Prize is a half set of badges (including the winning badge and your designs)
Runner-up prizes for all chosen badge designs are two badges of your design.
To submit your designs, or if you have any questions, just email Kathy at email@example.com.
Good luck! In the meantime you can check out the 20 witty and gorgeous designs we have printed and sold at last years conference.
1. Any SCBWI member can submit their best ideas/designs before noon Sunday 7th September 2014, by e-mail to Kathy Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org – head your email: "SCBWI Badge Competition".
2. The final badges must include either a reference to SCBWI British Isles or the logo.
3. The badges are round and 38mm badges in diameter.
4. Illustrators – please don't e-mail hi resolution images unless we ask you for them.
5. Writers – due to the high number of orphan slogans last year, you are limited to two slogan-only entries. HOWEVER why not team up with an illustrator and work together and then you can submit as many as you like. See Rule 6.
6. If you are a writer struggling to find an illustrator or an illustrator seeking a writer to work with please e-mail email@example.com and I'll do my best to team you up with someone.
7. The best designs or slogans will be selected by our judges and will then be made into pin badges in time to sell at the conference – the badge committee's decision will be final.
8. Deadline for entries is 7th September 2014 Badges will be sold in aid of British SCBWI. Badges will be on sale for £1.50 a badge – but you can buy 3 for £3!
Snap yours up early during the conference – the most popular designs sell out quickly – show everyone you're a proud member of SCBWI!
BACK TO THE TOP